Cowboys and Aliens - 7/24/21

Cowboys and Aliens


Michaela saddles up and rides West with a laser wrist gauntlet for a mashup of Cowboys and Aliens (2011), a surprisingly serious take on the subject that pairs a James Bond (Daniel Craig) with Indiana Jones (Harrison Ford). A Western is interrupted by an alien abduction of the townspeople of Absolution, NM, and a posse is formed, The Searchers-style, to go bring 'em back alive. Listen as we talk about chicken feet, Sam Rockwell's status as a national treasure, and how we all want to go live in the Wild West on this week's exciting episode!

Comments

Hi, This is Zo from The Back Look Cinema Podcast. I have to say that I think me and Michaela are on the same wavelength regarding Cowboys Vs. Aliens. When I saw the title for the movie I was excited, and when I saw the trailer I knew exactly what I was getting. Like her I really liked the movie in spite of its obvious flaws. Like she said it's basically a blending of outer space sci-fi and old school westerns. They weren't trying to reinvent the wheel, but build a whole new wheel from existing parts. We've seen variations of these themes in Firefly, the Mandalorian, and The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. Strangely enough this movie just works for me. That's o.k.; I don't mind being the weird one. In closing, I love your show, guys!